Monday 9 January 2017

Printing Problems

I'd thought all along I was going to print my images digitally, using the paper I'd bought from the library as a stock to ensure a good quality outcome. As mentioned previously I tested the paper out on the printer in the illustration studio. This printer is fine for preliminary tests, however when it comes to printing quality it's not as good as many other printers within LCA. I had planned to place my paper into a side tray of one of the drop in rooms as I had done for a project last year, however I found very quickly that wouldn't be the case.

The uni changed it's printing policy so you can no longer put your own paper in the drop in printers.

This caused quite the last minute stress to my project. I didn't have a digital print slot as I never envisaged needing one. So now, what did my opinions leave me?

The answer lay in one of the key components of this entire research module; the photocopier. And as zines have been made for many years so to would this book be. I was a little apprehensive about this at first as I knew the photocopier often left unintentional marks on photocopied pieces. However after a few trials to see how it looked, I really fell in love with the final resolution. I think the paper quality allowed the marks from the photocopier to look refined rather than messy. And the overall aesthetic harked back to the female zine movement that birthed this entire module. I'm actually quite gland I couldn't print this final on a normal printer. The photocopier is my best friend ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment