Monday 9 January 2017

Paper Tests



When it came to the printing of my final book, I knew paper quality was something I would have to look into. When I've made zines previously, I've used relatively cheap paper as it fits with the DIY aesthetic, however with this publication, as I wanted something more crafted, paper was something I would probably have to invest in.

Ideally I wanted something off-white. I thought if I printed the images on pure white paper they may look a little bland, and giving it a tint of colour would make the overall final appearance more considered.

I found some paper in the library that was an 'antique white card'. What I liked about this paper, other than the colour, was the thickness. I wanted my publication to feel like a good quality product, but I didn't want to use card that was too thick as it would make the binding process more difficult; more mm would need cropping from the edges once it was bound.

Before printing my final onto this paper I ran it through the studio printed first. It gives a high contrast finish and feels nice to hold in your hand. This is the paper I will be printing my final product on.

No comments:

Post a Comment